Global Edmonton 13 km Tour – February 10, 2018
A course for those who want a taste of the Birkie! Skiers in this event vary in age and ability, but they all seek the thrill of crossing the finish line. Awards given to overall male and female winners only; age group finish times provided for informational purposes.
Start Line and Finish Area
This event starts and finishes at the Waskehegan Staging Area, in the Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area. Access to the start is behind the Festival Tent, past the picnic shelter to a big field (please see map below). Plan on a 10-minute walk to the start line and place yourself in a lane based on your estimated skiing time.
- Download Finish Area / Stadium Map
Once You’re There
- Dress appropriately in layers and bring extra clothing and wax for changing weather.
- Bring a duffel bag or backpack to keep your warm clothing and other items in for use after the race. In your event package you will find a tag and zip tie to attach it to your clothing bag. It is very important to clearly mark your BIB NUMBER on your tag. You can leave it at the Clothing Tent in the Finish Line/Stadium Area.
- Snacks and coffee are available in the Festival Tent.
- Indoor washrooms are not available, but there will be outdoor portapotties.
1:25 pm Official Program at Start Line
1:30 pm Start of 13 km Mini Birkie
What’s the route?
The 13 km event is a loop starting from the field east of the Waskehegan Stadium out to Last Chance (Meadow) Shelter and back. Course is rolling hills and winding trails beside many beaver ponds.
- See the 2018 13 km Route
Parking and Shuttle
There is no parking at the Start/Finish Line. Skiers and spectators MUST PARK at Bethel Transit Terminal (shown here on the Venues map). Free shuttle buses run continuously between Bethel Transit Terminal and Waskehegan from 8:30 am until 5:30 pm. Buses leave when they are full (about every 10-15 minutes) and the ride takes approximately 30 minutes.
Registration Package Pick-up
Pick up your registration package the the Nordic Fair.