Other Cool Training Events
|Various events happen at Cooking Lake - Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area. There are many kilometres (at least 100) of trails to hike, walk, run or mountain bike to train on your own. |
Marathons, Parks Day and other cool events
Blackfoot Ultra in May at Cooking Lake Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area
- Parks Day is the second Saturday in July at Waskehegan Staging Area with an organized walk out to Meadow Shelter. The Society provides refreshments at the Birkie-built Meadow Shelter on Parks Day
- 5 Peaks Trail Run Series in September at Islet Lake Staging Area.
- Great White North Triathlon.
- Tour de l'Alberta bike race in late July near Morinville goes through Legal, Bon Accord.
- Edmonton Marathon in August organized by the Edmonton Running Room.
- Various loppets, Alberta Cups and regional races throughout the winter season; Cross Country Alberta (CCA) and the Alberta Nordic Skier magazine list Alberta club ski happenings www.xcountryab.net