We are looking for someone to join our team as Birkie Coordinator!
Canadian Birkie Ski Festival – Birkie Coordinator
The Birkie Coordinator serves the Canadian Birkebeiner Society Board and the broader ski community by managing projects to host the Canadian Birkie Ski Festival, and other ski events and activities. This seasonal part time hourly position (approximately 20-25 hours per week from September to March with peak times in January to mid-February) lends itself to a dynamic, efficient and well-rounded individual who thrives in a fast- paced environment.
The successful candidate should possess advanced organizational and prioritization skills, a high degree of attention to detail, be able to deal with multiple demands of your time and engage effectively with the Birkie Administrator, board members and external clients. This role offers a challenging work environment that provides support and opportunities for personal achievement and career development.
Since 1985, our Society has held annual cross country ski events in honor of the Birkebeiner legend. The events are managed by our Society’s Board and attract a wide range of skiers locally, nationally and internationally. The events are run largely by volunteers. Valued, respected, engaged, committed and passionate are only a few words that describe our team members. If these resonate with you, come join our team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project Management Coordination
- Public Relations, Marketing and Fund Development support
- Ambassador and Communications Representative for the Society
- Deliver support to Board members and for the preparation of Board meetings
- Post-secondary education required in a business and/or a sports-related discipline (equivalences will be considered).
- Advanced computer skills including demonstrated proficiency in MS Office suite required. Working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro and Social Media tools is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills required (exceptional customer service, strong team player, demonstrate initiative and flexibility).
- Advanced attention to detail and high level of accuracy is required.
- Advanced written and oral English communication skills are required, as well as the ability to interact effectively with clients of varied diversities.
- Advanced critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills are required.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. For the successful candidate, we offer a competitive salary and a flexible approach to hours of work. Please indicate your salary expectations at the time of application.