Whether you aim to improve your skiing skills, finish the 13 km Global Edmonton Mini Birkie or improve your personal best time in the 55 km with pack, the Birkie Learn to Loppet ski lessons will help you achieve your personal goals. Lessons are not cancelled for inclement weather, be sure to dress for the weather.
Registration: Opening soon
Discounts off Birkie event registration
Dates and Times:
- Introduction and waxing clinic Saturday January 4th, 2020, 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Dress for indoor and outdoor activities.
- Four Monday evenings at Lower Gold Bar pavilion, January 6 through January 27th, 7 – 9 p.m.
- Session out at Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area will be organized to allow you to learn and enjoy the trails and terrain in Birkieland, February 1 or 2, 2020 (TBD), 10 – 12 p.m.
- Wrap-up celebration for all Birkie Training Groups is scheduled for either Feb 10 or 11, 2019, (TBD) hosted by Alley Kat Brewery (food and drink provided)
Cost: no refunds if course runs
- $150 before December 31
- $165 until registration closing
Saturday introduction and waxing instruction at Goldstick Park Pavilion, Park Entrance is at 4210-101 Ave.
Monday evening lessons at Gold Bar pavilion, 10955 50 St.
Pre-Birkie ski prep at Cooking Lake-Blackfoot, Waskahegan Staging Area
Wrap up celebration Alley Kat Brewery, 9929 60 Ave.
Lead Instructor and Coordinator:
Jared Reichert is a CANSI Level II instructor, has taught Learn to Loppet and other Birkie Training Group sessions and has skied the Birkie many times. He and his fellow CANSI certified instructors are excited for another year with the Learn to Loppet program. They look forward to continue working with returning students and to welcoming and introducing new students to the joys of skiing loppets!
CANSI = Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors