4 or 8 km Imperial Oil Birkie Fun Ski – February 8, 2020
This NEW recreational ski event is designed for beginner to intermediate adult skiers. The trail is a loop so you can decide to ski 4 or 8 kilometres.
1:20 p.m. Official 4/8/13 km Start program
1:45 p.m. 4/8 km start
2:00 p.m. 4/8 km start closed
Start Line and Finish Area
This event starts and finishes at the Waskahegan Staging Area, in the Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area. Access to the start is behind the Festival Tent, past the picnic shelter to a big field (please see map below). Plan on a 10-minute walk to the start line and place yourself in a lane based on your estimated skiing time.
See the Stadium Finish Line map
- Children 2 – 11 years of age are not allowed.
Once You’re There
- Dress appropriately in layers and bring extra clothing and wax for changing weather.
- Bring a duffel bag or backpack to keep your warm clothing and other items in for use after the race. In your event package you will find a tag and zip tie to attach it to your clothing bag. It is very important to clearly mark your BIB NUMBER on your tag. You can leave it at the Clothing Tent in the Finish Line/Stadium Area.
- Snacks and coffee are available in the Festival Tent.
- Indoor washrooms are not available, but there will be outdoor portapotties.
What’s the route?
The 4 or 8 km event is a loop starting from the field east of the Stadium area. Course is rolling hills and winding trails beside many beaver ponds.
- See the 4 or 8 km map
Parking and Shuttle
There is no parking at the Start/Finish Line. Skiers and spectators MUST PARK at Bethel Transit Terminal (shown here on the Venue Map). Free shuttle buses run continuously between Bethel Transit Terminal and Waskahegan from 8:30 am until 5:30 pm. Buses leave when they are full (about every 10-15 minutes) and the ride takes approximately 30 minutes.
Registration Package Pick-up
Pick up your registration package at the Nordic Fair.
Please see the Program Guide for more details.
Back to Ski Events