Birkie Saturday – February 10, 2024
Looking for a personal challenge but want to travel lite, without the pack? Try the 55 km distance without the extra weight.
Course Description & Map
This point-to-point course rolls and winds through the scenic Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area, from the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village to the Waskehegan Staging Area.
- 2024 55 km Madshus Birkie Lite Course Map Coming Soon
Start Line & Finish Area
The 55 km Madshus Birkie Lite starts at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village and finishes at the Waskahegan Staging Area.
- 2024 Long Start Map Coming Soon
- 2024 Stadium Short Start/Finish Line Map Coming Soon
8.45 Official Opening 55 km/ 31 km
9.00 Wave 1
9.10 Wave 2
9.20 Wave 3
9.30 Wave 4
9.40 Start 55 km/ 31 km Closed
Registration Package & Bib Pick-up
Registration package and bib pick up will take place at the Nordic Fair on February 9, 2024. Timing chips will also be distributed at this time. There is a $100 charge for non-returned timing chips.
- Children 2 – 11 years of age are not allowed.
- Children 12 – 17 years of age are not recommended. If they register, they must be registered with and accompanied by an adult guardian.
Parking and Shuttle
- Parking for the Long Start is available at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village.
- Shuttles will be at the finish line at the Waskahegan Staging Area to take you back to your vehicle.
Those registering for 31 and 55 km distances will have the option to have their results posted to the World Loppet for a $5 administration fee.
|Registration Fees||Nov 2023||Dec 2023||Jan 2024||Feb 2024|
|55 km Madshus Birkie Lite||$110||$120||$130||$160|
Back to Ski Events