Birkie Saturday – February 10, 2024
Skiers recreate the legend of the original Birkebeiner skiers by carrying the equivalent of the infant crown prince, a 5.5 kg (12 lb) pack.
Course Description & Map
This point-to-point course rolls and winds through the scenic Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area, from the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village to the Waskehegan Staging Area.
- 2024 55 km with Pack Torskeklubben Birkebeiner Course Map Coming Soon
Start Line & Finish Area
The 55 km with Pack Torkskeklubben Birkebeiner starts at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village and finishes at the Waskahegan Staging Area.
- 2024 Long Start Map Coming Soon
- 2024 Stadium Short Start/Finish Line Map Coming Soon
8.45 Official Opening 55 km/ 31 km
9.00 Wave 1
9.10 Wave 2
9.20 Wave 3
9.30 Wave 4
9.40 Start 55 km/ 31 km Closed
Details about the Pack
The 55 km skiers will have to weigh their 5.5 kg backpack or weight vest at both the start area and the finish area.
The pack worn must be over the shoulder; fanny packs do not qualify. Day packs, internal frame packs, or weight vests are acceptable. The pack (including contents, excluding consumables) must weigh a minimum of 5.5 kg or 12 lbs. Anything can be used to ensure correct pack weight that will still weigh the minimum at the finish line. Skiers may decorate their packs with a stuffed toy to signify the infant crown prince or to show off their Birkie spirit.
Registration Package & Bib Pick-up
Registration package and bib pick up will take place at the Nordic Fair on February 9, 2024. Timing chips will also be distributed at this time. There is a $100 charge for non-returned timing chips.
- Children 2 – 11 years of age are not allowed.
- Children 12 – 17 years of age are not recommended. If they register, they must be registered with and accompanied by an adult guardian.
Parking and Shuttle
- Parking for the Long Start is available at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village.
- Shuttles will be at the finish line at the Waskahegan Staging Area to take you back to your vehicle.
Those registering for 31 and 55 km distances will have the option to have their results posted to the World Loppet for a $5 administration fee.
|Registration Fees||Nov 2023||Dec 2023||Jan 2024||Feb 2024|
|55 km with pack Torskeklubben Birkebeiner||$110||$120||$130||$160|
Back to Ski Events