Birkie Saturday – February 10, 2024
This recreational untimed ski event is designed for beginner to intermediate youth and adult skiers.
Course Description & Map
This course is a loop starting from the field east of the Waskehegan Stadium area. The loop features rolling hills and winding trails beside beaver ponds.
- 2024 7 km Birkie Fun Ski Course Map Coming Soon
Start Line & Finish Area
The 7 km Mud Sweat and Gears Birkie Fun Ski starts and finishes at the Waskehegan Staging Area in Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area. Access to the start is behind the Festival Tent, past the picnic shelter to a big field. Plan on a 10-minute walk to the start line and place yourself in a lane based on your estimated skiing time in the wave of your choice.
- 2024 Stadium Short Start/Finish Line Map Coming Soon
1:20 Official Opening 13 km/ 7 km
2:15 Start 13 km/ 7 km Closed
Registration Package & Bib Pick-up
Registration package and bib pick up will take place at the Nordic Fair on February 9, 2024.
- Children 8–11 years of age must be registered with and accompanied by an adult guardian.
- Children under age 8 can be in a backpack or pulled in a pulk/sled. Please place your pulk or sled at the back of the start line up.
Parking and Shuttle
There is no parking at the Short Start at the Waskahegan Staging Area. Skiers and spectators must park at Bethel Transit Terminal. Free shuttle buses run continuously between Bethel Transit Terminal and Waskahegan from 8:00 am until 5:45 pm. Buses leave when they are full (about every 10-15 minutes) and the ride takes approximately 30 minutes.
- 2024 Venues Map Coming Soon
Once You’re There
- Dress appropriately in layers and bring extra clothing and wax for changing weather.
- Bring a duffel bag or backpack to keep your warm clothing and other items in for use after the race. In your event package you will find a tag and zip tie to attach it to your clothing bag. It is very important to clearly mark your BIB NUMBER on your tag. You can leave it at the Clothing Tent in the Finish Line/Stadium Area.
- Snacks and coffee are available in the Festival Tent.
- Indoor washrooms are not available, but there will be outdoor portapotties.
- Pulks and sleds are allowed, but only at the back of the race.
|Registration Fees||Nov 2023||Dec 2023||Jan 2024||Feb 2024|
|7 km Birkie Fun Ski||$25||$25||$25||$25|
Back to Ski Events