2 or 4 km Ole’s Tour – February 9, 2019
Choose between 2 km or 4 km – a fun, un-timed event, great for families!
Check out our Kids Ski Free deal!
Start Line and Finish Area
This event starts and finishes at the Waskahegan Staging Area, in the Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area. Access to the start is behind the Festival Tent, past the picnic shelter to a big field (please see map below). Plan on a 10-minute walk to the start line and place yourself in a lane based on your estimated skiing time – pulks (sleds) at the back please.
Download Stadium Start/Finish Line 2019 map
- Children 2 – 11 years of age must be registered with and accompanied by an adult guardian
Once You’re There
- Dress appropriately in layers and bring extra clothing and wax for changing weather.
- Bring a duffel bag or backpack to keep your warm clothing and other items in for use after the race. In your event package you will find a tag and zip tie to attach it to your clothing bag. It is very important to clearly mark your BIB NUMBER on your tag. You can leave it at the Clothing Tent in the Finish Line/Stadium Area.
- Snacks and coffee are available in the Festival Tent.
- Indoor washrooms are not available, but there are outdoor portapotties.
10:50 am Official Program at Start Line
11:00 am Start of Ole’s Tour
What are the routes?
The loop course starts from the field east of the Waskahegan Stadium out to Neon Lake and back. Course is mostly gentle hills and flat. Choose your distance at the start line or as late as the split on the course to go 2 km or 4 km.
Download the 2019 Routes 2, 4, 8 km map
Parking and Shuttle
There is no parking at the Start/Finish Line. Skiers and spectators MUST PARK at Bethel Transit Terminal (shown here on the 2018 Venues Map). Free shuttle buses run continuously between Bethel Transit Terminal and Waskahegan from 8:30 am until 5:30 pm. Buses leave when they are full (about every 10-15 minutes) and the ride takes approximately 30 minutes.
Registration Package Pick-up
Pick up your registration package at the Nordic Fair.
Please see the Program Guide for more details.
Back to Ski Events