Birkie Saturday, February 11, 2023
Waskahegan to Waskahegan
This is a 2 or 4 km un-timed fun event where participants can ski with costumed Birkebeiners! Children 2 – 7 years of age must be registered with and accompanied by an adult guardian.
10:50 a.m. Official 2/4 km Start program
11:00 a.m. 2/4 km start
11:15 a.m. 2/4 km start closed
Start Line and Finish Area
This event starts and finishes at the Waskahegan Staging Area, in the Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area. Access to the start is behind the Festival Tent, past the picnic shelter to a big field (please see map below). Plan on a 10-minute walk to the start line.
- See the Stadium Start/Finish Line Map
Registration Package Pick-up
Registration package pick up will take place at the Nordic Fair on February 10, 2023.
Once You’re There
- Dress appropriately in layers and bring extra clothing and wax for changing weather.
- Bring a duffel bag or backpack to keep your warm clothing and other items in for use after the race. In your event package you will find a tag and zip tie to attach it to your clothing bag. It is very important to clearly mark your BIB NUMBER on your tag. You can leave it at the Clothing Tent in the Finish Line/Stadium Area.
- Snacks and coffee are available in the Festival Tent.
- Indoor washrooms are not available, but there will be outdoor portapotties.
- No pulks (sleds) in this event. Pulks (sleds) are allowed in the 4/8 km event.
What are the routes for Ole’s Tour 2 or 4 km?
Loop course starts from field east of the Waskehegan Stadium out to Neon Lake and back. Course is mostly gentle hills and flat. Choose your distance at the start line or as late as the split on the course to go 2 km or 4 km
- See the Ole’s Tour 2 or 4 km map
Parking and Shuttle
There is no parking at the Start/Finish Line. Skiers and spectators MUST PARK at Bethel Transit Terminal (shown here on the Venues Map). Free shuttle buses run continuously between Bethel Transit Terminal and Waskahegan from 8:00 am until 5:45 pm. Buses leave when they are full (about every 10-15 minutes) and the ride takes approximately 30 minutes.
Kids Ski Free
Kids ski free when registered with an adult. Sign up to ski the Birkie Ole’s Tour and your child under 12 skis free! Only one child skis free per adult who is registered in the same event. When you are registering online, remember to enter the Kids Ski Free promo code. The code will be provided on the registration form.
Back to Ski Events