Cross country ski under the light of the full moon! #fullmoonbirkie
Saturday, December 22, 2018
Friday, January 18, 2019
Sunday, February 17, 2019
Friday, March 22, 2019
Place: Waskahegan Staging Area, Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area
Time: 6:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Registration: 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Ski tour start time: 7:00 p.m.
Your registration includes:
- 2 to 12 km ski tour on track-set trails
- Fat Bike demo courtesy of United Cycle
- Live owl exhibit courtesy of Beaverhill Bird Observatory on Dec 22
- Alberta Parks Wildlife interpreter on Feb 17
- Patrollers and sweep
- Hot chocolate and snacks
Cost: $10 per person
Children 2 – 7 years old are not recommended. If they register, they must be registered with and accompanied by an adult guardian.
Children 8 – 11 years of age must be registered with and accompanied by an adult guardian.
.Ages 12 to 100 must ski along trails with at least one other person.
Remember to bring:
2) Appropriate outerwear for weather
3) Appropriate footwear for conditions
4) Extra set of warm clothes to change into
5) Spirit for adventure
- Arrive early, if you would like to sign up for the a Fat Bike Demo time slot. There will be 5 to 6 demo bikes available to try out in the parking lot and on the road. Bike riding is not allowed on the trails at the Waskehegan Staging Area. Bike riding on trails is allowed at the Blackfoot Staging Area.
- If the snow conditions do not allow for skiing, we will hike the trail instead.
- If the conditions are too cold or unsafe, we will email you that the event is cancelled.
- We ski from Waskahegan Staging Area to Meadow Shelter, which is a round trip of 12 km. Skiers who would like a shorter trip can turn around at anytime with a partner.
- All skiers must travel with at least one other person
- There will be patrollers along the ski route including a sweep at the end of the event.
- Skiers must return to Waskahegan Staging Area by 10 p.m.
- There are no refunds.