Cross Country Ski under the light of the moon! #fullmoonbirkie
Friday, December 13, 2019
Friday, January 10, 2020
Place: Waskahegan Staging Area, Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area
Time: 6:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Registration: 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Ski tour start time: 7:00 p.m.
Cost: $10 per person
Your registration includes:
- 2 to 12 km ski tour
- Patrollers and sweep
- Hot chocolate and snacks
Remember to bring:
1) Headlamp with an extra battery
2) Classic-style skis, ski boots and poles
3) Appropriate outerwear and footwear for weather
4) Extra set of warm clothes to change into
5) Spirit for adventure
- Sign up online in advance or on site (cash only) at the event.
- Skiers MUST sign in and sign out inside the warming hut at Waskahegan Staging Area
- All skiers must ski with at least one other person; use the buddy system by travelling with one or more people.
- Dress for the weather in layers
- Cover all exposed skin to prevent frostbite
- If you are concerned about cold hands, you can use hand warmers. Please do not litter when you are finished with the warmers.
- Everyone must return to the warming hut at the Waskahegan Staging Area by 10 p.m. at the latest
- If the conditions are too cold or unsafe, we will email you that the event is cancelled.
- We ski from Waskahegan Staging Area to Meadow Shelter, which is a round trip of 12 km. Skiers who would like a shorter trip can turn around at anytime, but you must stay with skiing buddy.
- There will be patrollers along the ski route including a sweep at the end of the event.
- There are no refunds.
Children 2 – 7 years old are not recommended. If they register, they must be registered with and accompanied by an adult guardian.
Children 8 – 11 years of age must be registered with and accompanied by an adult guardian.
Ages 12 to 100 must ski along trails with at least one other person.