Win Big: A weekend away or your 2025 Birkie Fees
Join in on the fun of the Virtual Birkie contest. Here’s your chance to win the grande prize of a two day stay in Castle Mountain Chalets or up to $100 towards your 2025 Birkie registration fees or Vikings’ Feast. Enter by participating in this season’s Virtual Birkie and then post a photo of yourself dressed as a Viking or of a scenic ski scene.
5 Prizes Are Up for Grabs
We’re giving away prize vouchers for each photo category to use towards 2025 Birkie registration or Viking Feast fees:
- Grande Prize: A two night stay in Castle Mountain Chalets with a value of $600
- One coupon valued at $100
- One coupon valued at $80
- Two coupons valued at $60
How to Enter
- Register for this season’s Virtual Birkie and opt in for the Virtual Birkie Contest.
- Post a picture one of the two ways below on Facebook (@cdnbirkie) or Instagram (@CanadianBirkie):
- Viking Costume: Capture yourself dressed-up like a Viking while completing the Canadian Virtual Birkie. Then post the picture.
- Scenic Ski Scene: Capture yourself in scenery while completing the Canadian Virtual Birkie.
- Include your bib number and distance completed.
- On Instagram mention @canadianbirkie on Facebook post your photo in https://www.facebook.com/groups/virtualcanadianbirkie
- And Tag your photo using one of the following hashtags: #CdnBirkie #xcski #AdventureAwaits and #VirtualBirkie
- Not on social media? Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Increase Your Chances
The more you enter, the greater your chances of winning.
- Post multiple photos of your favourite Viking costumes or scenic ski scenes.
- Post a maximum of one post for each category daily.
- Every post should feature a new photo.
Our Warriors Will Decide Who Conquered the Contest
- One lucky winner will be randomly selected for the Viking skier category.
- One lucky winner will be randomly selected for the scenic ski scene category.
- Contest runs February 12 to 26, 2024.
- Winners will be randomly selected February 27, 2024.
Alternative Ways to Enter
- Email your name, bib number, the completed distance, and photo to email@example.com.
- Photos emailed may be uploaded onto the Canadian Birkie Facebook or Instagram at the courtesy of the Canadian Birkebeiner Society.
The Fine Print
- Participation in this contest is voluntary.
- Contest runs from February 12 to 26, 2024.
- Participants can enter at a maximin of once daily for each category. Each post will count as one entry into the contest. Each post must be a unique picture.
- No purchase is required to be part of the contest. If not registered for the Canadian Virtual Birkie participants can email their photos with 500 words explaining what cross country skiing means to them. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Contest is open to residents of Canada, excluding Quebec. Entries under the age of majority require written a parental consent if chosen as one of the Winners. Due to government contest regulations, participants of Quebec cannot win. You can still submit your photos via social media; we would love to see your Birkie pictures.
- There is one selection round for all four prizes that will take place February 27, 2024. Volunteers of the Canadian Birkebeiner Society will randomly select the prize winners.
- Canadian Birkebeiner Society staff and volunteers can post photos but cannot win prizes.
- Contest participants and organizers acknowledge the contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Only one prize awarded per person for a total of four Prizes and four Winners. All Entries have an equal chance of winning for the respective draws they are entered into. Chances of winning are dependent on how many Entries (photos) are received into the Contest.
Prize vouchers cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by the winner.
Prize vouchers cannot be used for Canadian Birkie Merchandise shop.
Winners will be announced on the Virtual Canadian Birkie Facebook Group and Instagram on Tuesday March 5, 2024 or four business days after each Winner has answered their skill testing question.
The Canadian Birkebeiner Society can update the conditions of this contest at any time.
By entering the Contest, all Contestants agree to be bound by the rules of the Contest and release the Canadian Birkebeiner Society and all parties associated with the Contest from any liability with respect to this Contest or any prize.
The personal information collected as part of this contest is collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act and will be protected under Part 2 of that Act. It will be used for the purpose of administration of the Contest, and email the Birkie eNewsletter if opted in. Please direct any questions about the collection of information to our office.