Registration for the 2023 Canadian Birkebeiner Ski Festival opens October 13, 2022
Your Birkie Saturday in-person ski event registration includes:
- Up to 55 km classic technique ski tracks in majestic Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area
- Race bib, timing chip, and results/ranking uploaded to Zone4
- Food and drinks at finish line
- Water, snacks, and nutrition at 13, 31, and 55 km food stations
- Bus shuttles between Sherwood Park, Ukrainian Village and Waskahegan
- Medals for top three M/F in 13, 31 and 55 km events and age category medals description here
- Hand-made birch wood medals for short events
- Pin for 55 km skiers for each year of completion; medal for first time 55 km skiers
- World loppet ranking for 31 and 55 km skiers details here
- Ski Patrollers along the course and Sweeps at the end
- Certified medical personnel at food stations and finish line
- Love and admiration of dedicated volunteers
|Birkie Saturday, Feb 11||Oct 2022||Nov 2022||Dec 2022||Jan 2023||Feb 2023|
|55 km with pack Torskeklubben Birkebeiner||$100||$110||$120||$130||$160|
|55 km Birkie Lite||$100||$110||$120||$130||$160|
|31 km Imperial Oil Birkie Tour||$90||$100||$110||$120||$150|
|13 km Global Edmonton Mini Birkie||$45||$50||$55||$60||$75|
|8 km Birkie Fun Ski||$25||$25||$25||$25||$25|
|2/4 km Ole’s Tour||$10||$10||$10||$10||$10|
|Birkie Sunday, Feb 12|
|Barnebirkie family ski||$10|
NOTE: There is an extra processing fee, which includes a registration system fee and credit card fee.
Refunds and insurance
Birkie Saturday in-person participants who purchased Secure your Spot Insurance at time of registration will have their registration carried forward to the next year, if event is cancelled due to extreme weather or ski conditions.
Birkie registration cut off dates are at the end of each month. The final cut off is at Noon on the Wednesday the week of the festival.
- October 31 at 24:00 Midnight (MST): First cut-off
- November 30 at 24:00 Midnight (MST): Second cut-off
- December 31 at 24:00 Midnight (MST): Third cut-off
- January 31 at 24:00 Midnight (MST): Fourth cut-off
- February 8 at Noon (MST): FINAL CUT-OFF
The Canadian Birkie Ski Festival takes place in a remote provincial park. Our organization provides substantial signage, patrols, food stations, volunteers and medical staff. Safety for our volunteers, spectators and skiers is our number one priority. As such age limits are part of our critical effort to ensure everyone stays out of harms way and gets home safely. See details of age limits for all events here.
Event changes will only be accepted at the Nordic Fair or in person at the Canadian Birkebeiner Ski Festival. There will be no fee for downgrading your event to a shorter distance, and a $10 fee + the difference in registration cost to upgrade your event to a longer distance.
Click here for the Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.