The Canadian Birkebeiner Society is a non-profit organization and your board held event prices at the same level for the past four years. In that time our operating costs, such as tent, trailer and equipment rental, have increased. In turn, the Birkie has developed special offers for skiers who sign up early and bring friends.
|Events and Fees||October
|55 km Torskeklubben Birkebeiner with pack||$100*||$100||$110||$130|
|55 km Birkie Lite||$100*||$100||$110||$130|
|31 km Tour||$90*||$90||$100||$120|
|13 km Global Edmonton Tour||$45*||$45||$50||$60|
|2 or 4 km Ole’s Tour
presented by E Construction
|* Secure your spot and Early birds get the mittens deals|
Birkie registration cut off dates are now simpler, they are at the end of each month:
- October 11 at 12:00: Registration opens
- November 30 at 24:00: First cut-off
- December 31 at 24:00: Second cut-off
- January 31 at 24:00: Third cut-off
- February 6 at 15: 00: FINAL registration day
If you are participating in the 55 km with pack, 55 km Lite, or the 31 km tour, you will need to select an appropriate wave in which to start. There will be three start waves; 9:00 am, 9:15, and 9:30; based on skier speed instead of event selection. This will facilitate skiers being able to ski at a comfortable pace for each with minimal if any bottlenecks on the courses. Read this Waves document to choose your appropriate wave start.
Event Changes (before the final deadline date):
- Email the office and specify your full name, the event you wish to change out of and the event you wish to change to.
- There is a $10 fee for any changes, plus any difference between event fees, if applicable
- You will need to acknowledge that the $10 fee will be charged to the credit card that you used to sign up with. Please note:
- If there are any changes to your credit card information, contact the office to make other arrangements. If someone else paid for your registration, they will need to contact the office to give authorization to charge this to their card
- There are no refunds of a difference if the event is downgraded
Event Changes (at Nordic Fair / Registration Package Pick up):
- Any changes after Final Deadline date must be made at the Nordic Fair/Registration Package Pickup (we are out of the office all day Friday at the Nordic Fair)
- The fee to make any changes is $20, plus any difference between event fees, if applicable
Can I pick up a registration package for a friend or family?
Yes. Just let the volunteers know the full name, age and event that your friend or family is registered in. Please be sure to check their timing chip (if they are in a timed event) before you leave the Nordic Fair.
Can I pick up my registration package at the event site?
No. If you are unable to make it to the Nordic Fair, please ask a friend or family member to pick up your package for you. Exceptions may be made for skiers from out of town but there are few volunteers at the start so please arrive early and be prepared to wait in line.