Virtual Canadian Birkie, February 13 – 27, 2023
Join people from around the world participating in the Canadian Birkie virtually. You can classic ski, skate ski, snowshoe, skate, or skijor. If the snow gods aren’t shining down on your part of the planet, you can roller-ski, cycle, run or walk. You choose your day and your Birkie distance: 2, 4, 8, 13, 31 or 55 kilometres. You also pick your pace and your place!!
Your Virtual Birkie includes the opportunity to:
- You could be part of the free giveaway contest for a Birkie registration for any 2024 event including the post race Viking Feast. *
- Upload your results and see your ranking
- Compete with people around the world
- Download a commemorative bib
- Print an official participant certificate and hang it on your wall
- Access our special Virtual Canadian Birkie Facebook Group
- Contribute to our non-profit’s effort to promote cross country skiing
- Have a great excuse to go outside and enjoy winter
All the above for $20 per person.
Children two to 11 years old during the event pay only $10 per person. After you put your child’s age on the registration form, the online system automatically deducts $10 off your order in the checkout section.
Most Kilometre Group Award
Sign up your family, friends, office, department or organization for the Most KM Group Award. Check it out here.
How it works
Age limits and safety
Safety for our skiers is our number one priority. As such, age limits are part of our critical effort to ensure everyone stays out of harm’s way and gets home safely. See details for age limits for specific ski distances here.
The Birkebeiner course is set in the Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area which is open 7am-11pm, seven days a week. There are NO Birkie signs, skier support, trail sweep, food/aid stations, or warm-up fires. Skiers must be self-sufficient with their own food, drinks, and emergency plan. They must also share the trail with beginner skiers and non-skiers.
No refunds and non-transferable. Click here to see the Canadian Birkebeiner Refund, Privacy and Cancellation Statements.
Processing and transfer fees
A processing fee for registration will be added at the payment stage, and includes a registration system and credit card fee. No sales taxes will be charged. A transfer fee of $1.95 will be charged if you need to change your ski event/distance.