Registration opens in November 2021.
February 14-28, 2022
Our first Virtual Canadian Birkie was such a huge success, we are doing it again! Participants travelled a total of 22,000 total kilometers, which is halfway around the world!!!
This time we plan to circumnavigate the entire globe. Together we will travel from the North Pole to the South Pole and back again!
Plan to join us between February 14-28, 2022 at your own pace, at your own place! You will join thousands of people from around the world completing the Canadian Birkie virtually. You can classic ski, skate ski, roller-ski, skijor, cycle, run, ice skate, snowshoe, or walk. You can pick which day during this fifteen a 4, 8, 13, 31 or 55 kilometre event.
Your Virtual Birkie includes the opportunity to:
- Win Thousands of dollars in prizes in the Virtual Birkie Photo Contest. GRAND PRIZE: a Cross Country Ski Getaway in the Canadian Rockies. You get two nights at the Castle Mountain Chalets in Banff National Park.
- Upload your results and see your ranking
- Compete with people around the world
- Download a commemorative bib
- Print an official participant certificate and hang it on your wall
- Access our special Virtual Canadian Birkie Facebook Group
- 25% off code for Canadian Maple Syrup Altitude Energy Drink
- 15% off code for Alley Kat beer
- Contribute to our non-profit’s effort to promote cross country skiing
- Have a great excuse to go outside and enjoy winter
Price Option One: All the above listed benefits for $20 per skier.
Price Option Two: All the above listed benefits PLUS an exclusive, surprise Birkie merchandise item for $40 per skier.
Registration closes February 28, 2022
The $15 Deal
Pay only $15 per person when you sign up four people. That is like getting four people for the price of three. You will get a total of $20 off for signing up four people! Details here.
Most Kilometre Group Award
Sign up your family, friends, office, department or organization for the Most KM Group Award. Check it out here.
How it works
Age limits and safety
Safety for our skiers is our number one priority. As such age limits are part of our critical effort to ensure everyone stays out of harms way and gets home safely. See details for age limits for specific ski distances here.
Birkieland will be open 7am-11pm, seven days a week. There are NO Birkie signs, skier support, trail sweep, food/aid stations, or warm-up fires. Skiers at Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area must be self-contained with their own food, drinks, and emergency plan. They must also share the trail with beginner skiers and non-skiers.
No refunds and extra fees
No refunds and non-transferable. Click here to see the Canadian Birkebeiner Refund, Privacy and Cancellation Statements.
A processing fee for registration will be added at the payment stage and includes a $2 Zone4 Registration System fee and a 3% credit card fee. No sales taxes will be charged.
See our frequently asked questions page.